Thursday, October 29, 2015

Recent Blood Results

Yesterday I met with my doctor to discuss the results of my LEAP test. The LEAP test is a blood test to determine what kind of things (food, chemicals) you are allergic to. This was the next step to take in making me better according to my doctor. He had already tested my sugar and cholesterol to make sure that the Lyme was not affecting that. Those both turned out fine so it was back to the food allergy board. I initially was tested for allergies in 2011 and had to eliminate about 80% of the foods I was eating. The results of this test showed that my blood had a high reaction to potatoes and bananas. Those are two staples in my diet so I have now had to reduce eating in transition to eliminating them for 6 weeks. Food allergies are no joke and having Lyme on top of it makes my life very difficult. Previously I made a personal choice to reduce my gluten intake a few months ago which has helped but it has not been without its disadvantages. The next thing I will reduce is my sugar intake. In my research I have read that the Lyme feeds off sugar which makes everything worse and trying to cut out sugar during the most sugar filled holidays of the year is a challenge! But I've learned in my life that it is meant to be full of struggles and challenges so I'm jumping up to the plate to fight them and finally get better (whenever that is). 

As a side note, the last time I had my Lyme tested, the doctor said that it was not growing but the remainder of the Lyme that has been in my body for over a decade, so that was positive news. I will have it retested again in 6 weeks when I meet with the doctor again so here's to the next adventure with Lyme!

No comments:

Post a Comment